Summer School Improvement Projects
Dear M'KIS Community,
We are excited to announce the school improvement projects that will be undertaken over the summer break. These projects have been carefully considered based on a number of factors, including the feedback we have received from you, our community.
Summer Renovations @ M'KIS:
- Remodel the entire front facade of the school. This includes building new entry and exit gates with an improved security system.
- Replace, in phases, classroom furniture in ECE, ES, MS and HS.
- Refurbish the cafeteria courtyard including the basketball court.
- Replace the outdoor climbing wall.
- Build a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) room.
- Replace student lockers.
- Improve acoustics in the elementary gym.
- Build a new meeting room in the cafeteria.
- Re-paint the interior and exterior of the school.
- Relocate the MS and HS offices to the ground floor for better accessibility.
- Create a new welcome center at the 2-storey white building (current Board Office) which will house Admissions, Marketing, Human Resource, and Finance.
- Conduct a cafeteria beautification project including new wall tiles and serving stations.
Over the summer break, we will be posting renderings and progress photos on our Facebook page so you can follow the updates. We look forward to seeing you in the new school year.