MSHS Conservation Week
MS & HS School:
- Tuesday 25 April: MSHS Assembly to kick off Conservation Week at 8:30 - 9:00 am in the Theatre presented by the Green Club.
- Tuesday and Thursday: WWF 40-minute presentations by Suan Tann from WWF, Malaysia in LG 1-49 at different times.
- On Tuesday and Wednesday, the Green Club will be selling plants that have grown in our very own M'KIS garden! There will be mint, basil and other varieties. Stock is limited, so don't let it go!
- From Tuesday to Friday, the Green Club and the PA Sustainability team will be selling a variety of items to raise money for buying new recycling bins for our school. They will also be selling reusable bags with our very own M'KIS logo and eco-friendly mugs too.
- From Wednesday to Friday: In order to promote creativity and inspiration related to environment, let’s write, on a wall of Future Inventions, future inventions/crazy ideas we need to solve our environmental issues. Grab a pen and look for the wall in the canteen or in the breezeway. Let’s try to give ideas to our future Nobel Prize students!
- On Thursday, the Green Club will have fresh healthy juices on sale! Best if you come with your refillable water bottle to drink your juice from!
-Thursday after school: From 3:15-4:15 pm in in LG1-38 Green Club workshop where you will learn how to use daily materials (such as newspaper or can tabs) to create beautiful jewellery, using several easy techniques. You can create anything, a necklace, a bracelet or even earrings to wear with pride. Attendance is limited. Don’t miss it!
- Everyday during high school lunch in LG1-38, come and learn by watching academy award winning actor, Leonardo DiCaprio meeting with scientists, activists and world leaders to discuss effects of climate change and the solutions to stop it. A riveting documentary not to be missed.
- Friday, April 28: this will be an Alternate Dress Day for our entire school in support of WWF Conservation efforts. We ask students to donate RM 5 or more.
The color dress code will be for Elementary school: green for turtles, orange for tigers, or blue for the Earth.
MS and HS schools are to wear green, blue or WWF or any environmental logo T-shirts.