Grade 5-6 Transition Meeting
This is an exciting time of year for grade 5 students and parents, as they complete their final year in the Elementary School and prepare for the transition to Middle School in 2017-2018. With this in mind, Mr. Neen, the MS Principal and Mr. Chesher, the MS Counselor, will be hosting a Grade 5-6 Transition Meeting on March 7, from 9:00am-10:00am in room L1-49 (new wing). The agenda is as follows:
1. What is Middle School (MS)?
2. Differences between ES and MS
3. Expectations of MS (academic, extra-curricular, social, emotional, etc.)
3. Grade 6 course selection options and protocol
4. Question & Answer session with the MS/HS Principal and MS Counselor
Note: There will be a MS Principal's Coffee for MS parents from 8:30am-9:00am on March 7, prior to the grade 5-6 transition meeting, and all grade 5 parents are welcome attend.