ES Classroom Placement
As we head into the final two months of the school year, I wanted to take a minute to share with you the process for placing students in classrooms for next year. The basic priorities in organizing classes are as follows:
- Heterogeneity – we strive to maintain a cross-section of abilities in each classroom.
- A balance in class sizes.
- A balance in the number of boys and girls in each class.
- Separating pupils who work better when not together.
The teachers, counselors and principal will discuss individual pupils throughout the process to determine an appropriate placement for each child. M’KIS is fortunate to have a very talented Elementary School faculty and staff of teachers, teacher assistants, and specialists. Because of this, we believe we can maintain a positive learning environment in every class and that, except for a few students with special needs, the individual differences between teachers will not make or break your child’s success or sense of well-being.
Class formation is complex and therefore, we put a lot of time and effort into creating balanced classes. We strive to create classes that are numerically balanced, that have a range of abilities, and that also have a balance of gender and maturity. We ask for your support in our class formulation efforts by not asking for special placement when your child does not require it. If however, you feel your child merits special consideration and that you would like to share some information to be considered as we form next year’s classes, we have the following policy:
- Parent input can be made on a form that can be obtained from the Elementary School Office.
- Parent input forms will be available starting April 13 and must be turned in to the ES Office no later than April 28.
- In order to be considered, parent input must be educational in nature. Teacher names are not to be used. Requests for specific teachers will not be considered.
- All input forms submitted by the due date that comply with this policy will be considered. The Principal will make the final decision as to pupil placement.
Once again, thank you for your continued support.
Principal, Elementary School
Mont’Kiara International School