Model United Nations (MUN)
What is Model United Nations?
Model United Nations (Model UN or MUN) is a popular middle and high school club that focuses on learning about world issues and working together to find solutions from the perspectives of different nations. This is done within the context of modeling the procedures of the United Nations. Students who participate in MUN reap long-lasting benefits both academically and socially. These experiences build confidence, create new networks of friendship that may last a lifetime, as well as develop real-life skills, such as:
- public speaking
- informational and persuasive writing
- issue analysis
- awareness of global issues
- diplomacy and negotiation
- critical thinking
- debate and other communication skills
Here are all the conferences that we will be attending this year. Members in good standing are generally expected to attend at least two.
- THIMUN Singapore, November 19-24, 2017
- THIMUN The Hague, January 26 - February 3, 2018
- KLMUN @ Garden Intl School, February 2018 (dates TBA)
Middle School Conferences (high school students may apply for officer positions)
- MY-MUNOFS Singapore, March 2 - 4, 2018
- MYMUN @ M'KIS, April 20-22, 2018
Students interested in MUN still have time to join the club! Middle and high school are both great places to start the process of building MUN skills. All middle and high students are welcome to become a part of this dedicated group.
For more information on MUN and M'KIS, please visit their webpage. In order to access this page your will need to signed in with you M'KIS email.