High School Curriculum Overview
Our 9-10 curriculum includes four core subjects. Our ELA curriculum consists of a balanced literacy program, which cultivates reading, writing, speaking and listening. Our students become exceptionally literate with information technology integration. Our Mathematics curriculum is based on Common Core standards and HMH resources from the U.S.A. Our students learn math via the most current standards of mathematical practices. Our Science curriculum is adapted from IGCSE resources from the UK. Our students explore science while developing their scientific reasoning skills. Our Social Studies curriculum is adapted from AERO standards and HMH resources from the USA. Our students learn via inquiry-based practices that apply concepts to apt scenarios while developing non-fiction literacy. Our 9-10 curriculum is designed to develop our students towards success in years 11-12 in our IB Diploma Program.
Mont’Kiara is an international school with a North American curriculum with a global perspective. The school provides a comprehensive and sequential documented curriculum that is articulated within and across grade levels for the improvement of programs, learning, and teaching.
M’KIS Learning Belief Statement
At Mont’Kiara International School we believe learning is an on-going, transformative process. The process works best when the learning environment is engaging and authentic, and functions as a differentiated progression towards the mastery of higher-level skills.
We believe learning is the following:
- Exhibiting memory of previously learned material.
- Demonstrating an understanding of facts and ideas.
- Applying knowledge and skills to solve problems.
- Analyzing information by identifying motives, causes, and effects.
- Evaluating information by making judgments, and defending opinions.
- Creating new information or ways to present information.
- Developing skills to demonstrate new learning.
- Developing attributes that promote learning (e.g. curiosity and confidence).
For more detailed information on curriculum, please contact our admissions team on email@example.com or complete the form below: