Elementary Curriculum Overview
Our K-5 curriculum includes four core subjects. Our ELA curriculum consists of a balanced literacy program, which cultivates reading, writing, speaking and listening. Our students learn reading and writing within the Workshop Model from the USA. Our Mathematics curriculum is based on Common Core standards and Eureka Math resources from the USA. Our students learn math via the most current standards of mathematical practices. Our Science curriculum is adapted from Foss Science resources from the USA. Our students explore science while developing their problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Our Social Studies curriculum is adapted from AERO standards and TCI resources from the USA. Our students learn via project-based practices that apply concepts to apt scenarios.
M’KIS Learning Belief Statement
At Mont’Kiara International School we believe learning is an on-going, transformative process. The process works best when the learning environment is engaging and authentic, and functions as a differentiated progression towards the mastery of higher-level skills.
We believe learning is the following:
- Exhibiting memory of previously learned material.
- Demonstrating understanding of facts and ideas.
- Applying knowledge and skills to solve problems.
- Analyzing information by identifying motives, causes and effects.
- Evaluating information by making judgements and defending opinions.
- Creating new information or ways to present information.
- Developing skills to demonstrate new learning.
- Developing attributes that promote learning (e.g. curiosity and confidence).
For more detailed information on curriculum, please contact our admissions team on firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below: