Assistant PE Teacher
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful team of Mandarin teachers at Mont Kiara International School. We are looking for innovative, dynamic teachers with a growth mindset and high expectations. This is an excellent opportunity to join our large and vibrant English Faculty.
M’KIS is a well-resourced, successful international school with great facilities and a reputation for academic excellence; we place the success of each and every student at the centre of our mission. M’KIS is a family, and with our fantastic students, dedicated and motivated team of excellent teachers and support staff, it truly is a wonderful place to learn and teach.
The school is focused on creating the best environments for our learners to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. With over 75 hours dedicated to teacher CPD every year, as well as a keen focus on staff and student well-being, we are constantly striving for excellence, both as practitioners and for our learners. As an ‘Apple Distinguished’ school, GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning and provide a 1:1 device programme and use Google Apps for Education as our main learning platform.
About the role
Do you have a passion for connecting with other people? As a Head of Department, you inspire creativity by sharing your knowledge with M’KIS visitors — first-timers or longtime loyal customers alike. You’re the foundation of the M’KIS’s welcoming environment that invites individuals to share their ideas and learn how to bring their visions to life. Those who work alongside you are knowledgeable teammates just as eager to share their skills as they are to learn more. Nothing gives you a greater thrill than empowering a customer to create something wonderful.
Both full-time and part-time jobs are available.
What you should have
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience
- Appropriate teaching Degree
- Excellent, caring student-centred educator
- The ability to work collaboratively, as part of a team
- The ability to react well under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills
- High standards of dress, punctuality and attendance
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice
- Have a growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have an advanced ability to use ICT to support and enhance learning within the classroom
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within teams
- Have a strong learning-focused philosophy
- A working knowledge of GoogleApps and the confidence to work in classrooms with iPads would be an advantage
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16 paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees