Board of Directors
Powers, duties and responsibilities of the Board of Directors
A. Powers and Duties
- Other than the powers and duties which are embodied in the Companies Act and Memorandum and Articles of Association, the powers and duties of the Board of Directors include, but are not limited to, the following: All financial, administrative, corporate and legal matters shall be decided by the Board of Directors (BOD), and the Board may delegate such of its powers as it may deem fit.
- The control of the funds of the school including budgetary control, internal audit and purchase of goods and services shall be vested with the BOD.
- The BOD shall have the ultimate discretion to finalize the terms of employment of all staff of M'KIS, including staff benefits and entitlements.
B. Board Member Ethics, Duties and Responsibilities of Board Members General:
The principal responsibilities of the BOD are to develop policies to achieve the M'KIS Mission and Expectations, meet its legal responsibilities under Malaysian law, supervise the School's finances, continued improvement of the School's administrative operations and physical plant and to enhance shareholder value.
C. Duties and responsibilities of Board members:
- ensure that at all times the company and the School are properly managed and effectively controlled;
- exercise powers for the purposes they were conferred for the benefit and prosperity of the company and the School;
- act with utmost good faith towards the company and the School in any transaction and be willing to exercise independent judgment and if necessary oppose if the vital interest of the company is at stake;
- promote professionalism and raise competency of management and staff.
Adopted: May 1994 Revised: October 1999, December 2008