Welcome to the Mont'Kiara International School
Mont'Kiara International School (M'KIS) is a North American curriculum K-12 school located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the International Baccalaureate Organization. Our school provides a caring, student-centered environment where the values of tolerance, appreciation and respect for human dignity are highly prized.
The M'KIS Mission:
The M'KIS community is committed to enhancing the creative, social, emotional, and academic talents of the individual child by providing a world-class education within a compassionate environment. As lifelong learners, our students will acquire the skills and attitudes necessary to be caring, independent, productive, and responsible citizens ready to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world.
We believe that:
- Learning is a life-long process
- Lifelong learners recognize the benefits derived from the skills, information and knowledge they acquire
- Learning best occurs in context and when connected to previous experiences
- Individuals are responsible and accountable for their choices and actions
- Individual and cultural diversity enriches life
- Appreciation of diversity of ideas, culture, gender and age contributes to a strong society
- Honesty, integrity, and mutual respect are essential character traits
- Open, honest, and respectful communication is essential to mutual understanding
|2012-2014 Action Plan|